There is nothing like comfort food on a really cold day and this ‘Soup’er recipe is just that.
It really isn’t all homemade but it is made at home! Most of the ingredients come right from the can and just get all mixed in and cooked together. But sometimes you just need a quick hearty meal to make.
- 1 lb. of sausage (you can use whatever type you like depending on how spicy you like your soup)
- half cup of chopped celery, fresh or frozen
- quarter cup of chopped onion, fresh or frozen
- mushrooms, canned or fresh
- two cans of baked beans
- 1 can of kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- one large can of chopped tomatoes
- two cups of tomato juice
- 1 tsp chili powder
- half tsp basil
- half tsp pepper
- 1 clove of garlic, optional
- Brown sausage and drain. Cut into small pieces. Remove skins if you wish.
- Saute onions, then add celery, mushrooms.
- Add seasonings and garlic.
- Mix well for about 3 minutes
- Stir in baked beans, drained kidney beans, can of tomatoes and tomato juice.
- Simmer for 1 hour.
- Makes about 6 servings.
- Here is a printable recipe.
Serve with nice crusty bread for a tasty dinner.
This is a nice thick, hearty soup perfect for those cold days. This is also a great soup to freeze for a later date.
Have you enjoyed a delicious bowl of soup lately?
Some other ‘soup’er Sunday recipes to warm you up.