Snickerdoodle recipe, source unknown, shared at craftygardener.ca
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp sugar and 2 tsp cinnamon mixed together for the coating
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Mix dry ingredients and stir into butter mixture until well mixed.
- Form dough into balls and roll in cinnamon sugar.
- Flatten dough balls with a fork.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes at 375 F on greased cookie sheets.