Would you like a bowl of sweet potato and carrot soup? It is delicious and a great way to get your servings of vegetables.
This is a quick and easy to soup to make and it freezes well in smaller portions. I’m a plain cook, don’t add many spices or seasonings due to health issues.
- 500 gram sweet potato, cubed
- 300 grams of carrots, diced small
- 80 grams sweet onion
- 4 cups of water
- 1 cup of milk
- stock cube is optional, or substitute water for veggie stock
- seasoning of your choice
- Saute onion in butter till translucent
- Add water, carrots, sweet potato and stock cube if using. Instead of water you could use veggie stock
- Cook till soft. Let cool.
- Puree in blender
- Add milk and mix well.
Regular visitors know I use freezer bags that store flat and take up a lot less space to freeze portions of soup. This soup keeps its lovely orange colour, even when frozen. It thaws quickly on the counter and then pours into a mug or bowl.
Some other ‘soup’er Sunday recipes to warm you up.