It’s time for all L to break loose in the garden.
My favourite has to be Little Red who seems to have claimed our garden and lets all the other squirrels know they are in his/her territory. Little Red loves to explore … sitting on the frog, inside the birdhouse, on the washing line, munching snacks, checking out the sign post and relaxing on the deck railing.
Plants starting with L are numerous (left to right top then bottom) … lupins, lilies, liatris, ligularia, let’s streak hosta (middle) lady’s mantle, lilacs, lavender and lily of the valley. And lots of them just happen to be lilac in colour as well.
An old wooden ladder has been transformed into a garden area and it has gone through several transformations over the years. For the past couple of years it has been on one area of the deck and I have displayed all sorts of teacup planters and craf-tea things on it.
The ladder has even been moved inside in the winter and displays the Christmas village.
In my hunt for alphabet letter, I found L in a couple of different places … one was part of a bridge in Ottawa and the other was found in a museum displaying old tools. Do you see the L on the wall? I loved the A that was there as well.
There is a wild plant that grows in the garden, fields, meadows and ditches called Queen Anne’s Lace. This is also known as wild carrot, bishop lace, bird’s nest plant because the umbrells close up to look like a nest.
For my personal alphabet L gave me lots of choices and I’ve included the previous letters in case you haven’t been following along.
- A – accepting, active, adaptable, amicable
- B- bird watcher, book lover, British by birth,
- C – crafter, Canadian by choice, cat lover, cheerful,
- D – determined, decisive, dependable,
- E – energetic, easy going, English,
- F – friendly, frugal, fastidious, forthright,
- G – Granny, gardener,
- H – helpful, handy, happy, hard working
- I – imaginative, inventive
- J – joyful, jolly, jaunty
- K – knitter, knowledgeable, kindred
- L – list maker, learned, library goer, loved, lenient and of course Linda
I’m sharing with ABC Wednesday.
This is the 25th round for this very popular link up. Be sure to check out what others have found for the letter of the week.