One of the Creative Crafting projects was to make a mosaic flower pot using broken china, tile adhesive, grout and of course a clay flower pot.
The pieces of broken china were put onto the pot using tile adhesive. It was a slow process getting them all to stick and putting them together like a jigsaw puzzle but with spaces in between.
Most of the pieces of china came from old teacups that a friend of the crafting instructor has accidentally broken. So a sad situation became a good situation for those of us making the mosaic pots that week.
At home, I broke some more china to finish off the pot.
Once the pot was covered and dry it was time to add the grout, which is a messy and tedious job. You need to be sure to fill in all the spaces between the broken china and then take a damp cloth and wipe over everything, At first this covers all the china in a film of grout, but more rubbing will eventually take it all away.
I did not like the look of the pot once it was grouted as the white grout seems to wash out and colour on the china pieces and the whole thing looked white to me.
Many of the china pieces have some gold on them so I decided to paint the grout the same colour and this made the china stand out much more. I also added a thin layer of grout to the rim of the pot and painted it gold as well.