Who can resist a tasty bowl of soup on a chilly or not so chilly day.
I made some chicken rice soup out of an extra cooked chicken breast, some fresh veggies and some veggies from my frozen stash.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup brown rice (gluten free)
- 1 braised chicken breast, shredded
- garlic, parsley, thyme, salt, pepper to your taste
- 3 cups water
- chicken bouillon stock
My favourite chicken bouillon to add to the boiling water – 1 tsp per cup of water.
- Bring water to boil
- add 1 tsp bouillon to 1 cup of water
- add all chopped veggies, frozen veggies, rice and chicken
- bring to a boil, then simmer till potatoes and carrots are soft
Soup for two. This soup freezes well so you could double or triple the amounts to have some for the freezer to enjoy later. To save space in the freezer I freeze my soups flat in freezer bags.
For storing in the fridge I use jars, that way I can easily see what is inside them and they pop into the dish washer so are clean for the next time.
I’m sharing with Souper Sunday, where you can link up your soup, stew, chili, soupy curries, salad, or sandwich dish.
Soup is always in season, find a delicious recipe that just might become your new favourite.