Cookie cutters aren’t just for making cookies. I used them as a template to make festive tea bags. These little gifts can be tucked inside a greeting card to send a cup of cheer to the recipient.
You need the flat coffee filters that can be bought at dollar stores, some of your favourite loose tea, cookie cutters for templates and your sewing machine. Be sure the cookie cutters are medium sized ones. If they are too small, as the tree one in the picture was, it makes it difficult to get the tea inside. I ended up folding the filter and cutting a better sized tree.
The folded trees worked the best as they were easier to sew and fill.
The festive teabags can be tucked inside a little card or a little plastic canvas mug.
You don’t have to use Christmas cookie cutters. I used a heart shaped one to test it out. You can even draw your shapes and they can be used for any celebration … Mother’s Day, Valentine’s Day, birthdays or just in a card to say thanks for being my friend. You are only limited by your own imagination.
Some tea sayings:
- Once the package of friendship has been opened, it can never be closed. It is a constant book always written, and enjoyed. … unknown source
- Women are like teabags. They don’t know their strength until they are in hot water … Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book … Bill Watterson
- Drinking a daily cup of tea will surely starve the apothecary … Chinese Proverb
- Tea is the magic key to the vault where my brain is kept …Frances Hardinge
- Come, let us have some tea and continue to talk about happy things. … unknown source
- But indeed I would rather have nothing but tea. – Jane Austen
Have a look at some more Craf-tea ideas: