When the days cool down I always yearn for a delicious bowl of soup.
For ‘Soup’er Sunday here is a quick and easy potato soup. It takes a few minutes of prep and about half hour to cook.
- 2 medium white potatoes
- 1/4 cup of celery
- 1/4 cup of onion, sweet onion is my choice but you can use any that you prefer
- cube the potatoes
- chop the celery and onion
- add ingredients to saucepan
- cover with water or veggie stock (your choice)
If I use onion and celery from my freezer stash, no chopping is required.
- add veggie stock cube if you didn’t use stock, mix in well
- add salt and pepper to taste
- add other seasonings, I like dill or Italian seasoning
- simmer about 20 minutes until potatoes are soft but not mushy
- don’t drain, but mash to a lumpy consistency
- add 3/4 cup milk slowly (more or less)
- add to blender if you like a really smooth consistency
- return to heat and simmer
- add bacon bits, shredded cheese or croutons before serving
Serve and enjoy. This makes about 2 cups of soup. To make more just increase the recipe.
Have you enjoyed a delicious bowl of soup lately? What is your favourite?
“Soup”er Sunday recipes to enjoy:
- bean soup
- carrot and squash soup
- green pea soup
- ham and potato soup
- leek and potato soup
- lentil soup
- parsnip and apple soup
- potato soup
- potato and tomato soup
- sausage and bean soup
- sweet potato and carrot soup
- turkey soup
I’m sharing with Souper Sundays.