I’m calling this soup the SP soup as it is made from split peas and sweet potatoes. There is probably a recipe out there that you can search but I used one of my other recipes and added all sweet potatoes.
- 2 cups split peas
- diced celery
- 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
- garlic to taste
- 8 cups of vegetable broth
- 2 cubed medium sweet potatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
For this recipe I used the celery and onion from the freezer.
There is nothing better on a cold day than to have the aroma of home cooked soup filling the kitchen.
- wash and drain the split peas
- add split peas, celery, onion, potato, garlic and veggie broth to a big pot
- boil and then simmer for about 2 hours, till veggies are soft
If it gets too thick you can always add some more water.
You can eat as it is, or you can add all or some of it to the blender to make a smoother consistency.
I love to eat soups the second day as they tend to thicken up and get more tasty. I made some for the fridge and some for the freezer.
I’m sharing with Souper Sunday.
Soup is always in season, find a delicious recipe that just might become your new favourite.